Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Q; relay that operates with these simple rules:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaske

I have limited electronics knowledge but I am very interested. I just dont have the time to learn as my job takes up most.

Anyway, It think it will be possible to do this with a few 12V relays and diodes, but I cant fathom logically how. Please HALP! I thank you in advance.

input EngineRunning: engine is running, a +12V DC signal

input KeyON: key is in the ON/RUN position, +12V DC

desired output, +12V DC (to drive an HID headlight relay).

OUTPUT RULES:
1) ONLY TURNS ON when input EngineRunning is applied.
2) ONLY TURNS OFF when input KeyON is REMOVED.
So the relay would need 2 different inputs and they have to be electrically isolated from one another.

Clarifications> output Will NOT turn off when input EngineRunning shuts off (for my safety and convience). The output will ignore anything input EngineRunning does (after it has turned on the relay the first time), only UNTIL input KeyON is removed, which will then turn the output off. Then, only another application of input EngineRunning will turn it on.

I hope that is clear enough. How can I accomplish? This will be on a motorcycle so I am hoping it can just be a few 12v automotive relays, for reliability. Although I can easily use any electrionic components I would need like diodes, capacitors, etc. Any guideance would be greatly appreciated!

The result of this will help the people you see in this thread: **broken link removed**

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back