Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first time user. Background-I am in the Air Force, 2M (miniature/micro) solder certified. I can troubleshoot problems on most circuit cards, and repair most of them as well. Other than that, I'm an idiot. Haven't had much electronics training other than basic. I can read schematics fine, but I can't design a circuit to save my life.
I am attempting a project, but can't even figure out how to start it. What I want to do is create something similar to a CD/DVD drive circuit. I want a drawer to slide open, and an audio signal to be played. I do have parts to start with. I've got an unuseable CyberHome Model-CH-DVD 300 DVD player to use. The power supply has some burnt components and c/b laminate, so I'm scrapping parts. Nothing is wrong with the drive motors. I'd also like to incorporate the IR sensor on it to be used with the remote. It's going to be a going away present for one of the guys that works for me because he's a freaking outstanding worker.
Anywho, like I said, I suck at designing, so any ideas on ways to do this, ie. schematics, proposals, whichever, would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, sorry this is so open. I'd like to be a bit more specific, but...please refer to previous comment:)

paragraphs please - that gave me a head-ache

What I want to do is create something similar to a CD/DVD drive circuit. I want a drawer to slide open, and an audio signal to be played.
hmmm i'm confused ..do you want a CD/DVD drive bay to open or a different drawer to open like the cd/ dvd drawer?

I plan to use the DVD drive bay, including existing motor (3v). If possible, I want to put in a switch to reverse current flow to close the door as well.
Sorry about the paragraph form, my English sucks too:)

electrodeficient said:
I plan to use the DVD drive bay, including existing motor (3v). If possible, I want to put in a switch to reverse current flow to close the door as well.
Sorry about the paragraph form, my English sucks too:)

What all do you want to do with this? Try and define your project a little more. What do you envision for when its done?

If you're just going to hack at switches & bay door motors, then it could be easy. If you are funamentally wanting to change how the DVD/CD operation works, it will not be practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back