Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlhudson

Here is a project I want to create, I know how to make decent circuits, but don't know where're to start...

Basically, I need to design a circuit board that does the following.
1. You plug in a music source or device, ie mp3, iPhone.
2. You plug in a 40 channel UHF radio. Via the head set jack
3. When music is playing and a signal comes over the radio, the music will be cut off, the radio will commence with it's signal, when the signal ends, the music will kick back in.

Bonus marks.
Make a bypass switch that allows the user to play the music over the radio, hence blocking all incoming radio signals.

Where do I start. Anyone know of an existing threader something for this already in existence???

Many thanks.
Huddo.

Almost there...

That's the type of device I'm looking for. But not for aviation. I'll need it for my pack and webbing when on field exercises. So I need it for a small hand held radio and say an iPod.

But now that I know a device already exists for what I need, then all I need to do is search for a blue print or a different "modle".

Many thanks!
Huddo.

Last edited:
Bonus marks.??

THINK about relays, charge holding capacitors and transistor switching, I'd give the circuit but i dont wanna see noone get sued, espically me@!

use the audio signal to switch the transistor I/O use a diode & capacitor at the base to latch it a bit, which switches the relay onn/off which will switch on your audio signal to transmitter. Iv seen em in walkie-talkie schematics,

iv also seen the device you have described , though like 20 yrs ago, they used them on CD 6 disk changers, that fit in the trunk, so you can prolly get em for IPODS now adays... they interrupt the FM bands, may not be powerful enough to JAM though... they modulate to use blank bands.

Thanks...

Doggy,

That was heap useful, thanks.
Any chance of a link or website dedicated to schematics?
Or would that be pushing you limits on being sued, cause no body wants that to happen here!
:p

Many Thanks
Huddo.

there is none, & I cant upload it(out of a textbook),
like I said they are out there, "Universal FM Transmitter for MP3 Players" 1M hits on ebay,

the circuit I described was for the pushbutton transmitter on the walkie to switch the receiver on and off, so they didnt "crash",,

do you know any RF electronics theory?

(me neither!) if you can get the received signal to switch a transistor you are laughin, then you can use the transistor to sw. the relay to switch the IPOD or RX to OUTPUT,

sorry I cant help too much more...

Cheer's!

Any chance of the name of the text book?
You've given me a few things to absorb, and no, i don't know much behind the theory of electronics... only the basics.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back