Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple POT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyroadie

Hi there,

I am building an amplifier from an old circuit which calls for some 50K Linear potentiometers to be used for the EQ section. I am having difficulty finding 50k linear pots with a splined shaft to suit my knobs. Would I be able to use 100k pots and just put a 100k resistor across the pot to result in 50k?

Cheers!

Hi there,

I am building an amplifier from an old circuit which calls for some 50K Linear potentiometers to be used for the EQ section. I am having difficulty finding 50k linear pots with a splined shaft to suit my knobs. Would I be able to use 100k pots and just put a 100k resistor across the pot to result in 50k?
Cheers!
are you joking dude? it will never satisfy the original 50k. if i see the circuit means i think i can help. can you provide the circuit?

it will work but will not get the desired output.
post the circuit

It may or may not work. Depends upon the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back