Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple oscillator - old chestnut new branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chukabuka

Hi every one, I am be new here, this be my first post.

Ref old thread by pixelsnpings, this Forum, I offer this:

There is an oscillator which uses just three discrete components; a transistor, one capacitor and one resistor.

Here it is.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• RC SIMPLE OSC.JPG
    RC SIMPLE OSC.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 137
Funy (sic) you should mention this. See the link in this thread.
I built a negative resistance oscillator like that around 1968.

Last edited:
re the neg resistance transistor

yes, negative resistance is at the heart of the circuit. I first come across the same in 1968, in an article in a magazine called 'Wireless World'. As is stands it is useful as a rough sawtooth osc, and it only takes about 2 minutes to construct.

The base, although unused here, can be used as a sync input, if the oscillator is used as one of a group in a toy organ. Each base, if driven from a lower, modulating frequency, causes all oscillators to synchronize with the mod frequency, or so it was said at the time of publication.

The transistor should be a silicon planar type, as ony these types will work, I think.

Thanks for the fast response by the way.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back