Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple On delay off circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

triple_access

hello, i have been searching and cat seem to find what i am looking for.

what i have is a 12volt device that pulls .50 amps. the device should delay before it goes off for about 2 to 3 seconds.

i can make it delay by adding the proper cap in series with the device, when the cap charges, the device goes off.

now the problem is discharging the device and the time is crucial.

What i have done is taken a 4 stroke go cart motor and put points under the valve, so when the intake valve is open the injector will spirt gas. when the valve closes the points the injector is off. but i dont want the injector on the whole time the points are open, i wanted to time that with a cap.

i am looking for a very simple circuit, maybe a fet and cap and a few other components, but i really didn't want to get into making a pcb for this simple setup. i didn't want this part of the setup complicated with soldering in components since the components should be a very low part count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back