Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple NAND gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap824

hi,

so i need to hook up a 74LS00 chip to create a NAND gate connected to 2 LED lights such that when a switch is on, one light is on and when the switch is off, the other light is on. I have connected the Vcc and ground to the appropriate pins and connected the switch output to the Vcc strip (not sure that is correct?) but both my lights remain lit at all times or unlit at all times. Sorry if this is a really easy question but i can't find any more specific information to help solve this.

Only thing you doing wrong here is to not post a schema of your circuit.

Only a picture can tell what's wrong.

ok, i attached a picture..basically when switch 8 is in the off position one of the last 2 LED's must be on and when it is in the on position the other one must be on..I can get one to be bright and the other dim when the switch is on, but do not know how to make the sires such that one will be on while the other is off.

**broken link removed**

several problems

your description is kinda vague but here is a schematic of a gated RS latch that kinda fits your description
One major problem is that you have inputs not connected to anything.
ALL inputs must be either high connected to Vcc with a 1K resistor) or low (ground)

Attachments

• Capture2-19-2009-10.24.33 AM.jpg
    Capture2-19-2009-10.24.33 AM.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back