Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple motor speed control for my robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozirock

Hi,

I am planning to make a small autonomous robot for avoiding obstacles from an RC car with a PIC for the control and a H bridge to control motor directions. I just want to know if I can use a sort of delay in my outputs to control the speed of the motor. For example maybe the motor runs for a second and then off for a second, is this the simplest way to control the speed of a motor and will this repeated on/off damage the motor if traveling long distances? Is there any other problems I may encounter with my robot as a result of this?

That is a very good way to control the speed of small DC motors. Only the switching occurs at a much higher rate, 100's to 1,000's times per second. There must be dozens of threads for motor control. Try the search facility, and you should find lots of info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back