Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Led On-off Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwede73

Hey!

Could anyone please tell me how i can build a simple led, on-off, circuit?
And the LED needs to be lighted with a single push, so i guess i need to involve a microchip?
I have programmers and stuff so i could manage that if someone could tell me how the schematics would be...

Please!

Doesn't HAVE to have a microchip... could you simply use a push-on, push-off switch? They are sometimes called "alternate action" switches. Press it once, it's on. Press it again, it's off. Like that?

I forgot the diagram, here it is.

Here's my idea for a on-off LED switch.

Attachments

• LED on-off.JPG
    LED on-off.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,737
did you mean a push button? like a micro switch? to toggle the led on/off. if so then you should try google.may not need to involve a microchip other then if you insist.

Definately microchip based

Thanks for the fast replies!!

Microswitch yes, which dosen't stay in pushed position!

There are some examples on Google, i will look for the easiest way, or the smallest circuit I would say.
The smaller, the better :)

Something involving the 555 seems good

This simple circuit will do it:

Attachments

• alternate action LED2.PNG
    alternate action LED2.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,155
Wow, you are just a master with electronics, can we swap brains for a day? :) so i can learn some more....

I'm thankful for this forum, and i will surely ask something again!.

Thanks for being there!

Sweden over and out for now

/Anders:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back