Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple LED flaher circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well im back again. After a long time of working and being wrapped up in my life. Im looking to get this circuit put together. I have the idea in my head, but not really sure how to do it. I think a PIC is going to be the best way.

What im looking to do is have 4 groups of 8 LED's. 2 groups will blink 3 times then the other group's will blink 3 times, and then all LED's blink 3 times but a bit slower.

I am a little lost on how to go about this.. I dont have any PIC experience so my knowledge seems a bit low for a project like this.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a warning light? :D

A pic certinly would be the simplest route. You will need to buy or make a programmer. I use the PicKit 2. Its a bit of an investment, but worth it if you hav a desire to learn to play with pics. I also have the original Inchworm from Blueroom electronics. It worked great until it got damaged in a box when I moves this past summer.

Blinking LEDs is pretty easy with a pic. Even I can do it.:D

Give Nigels PIC Tutorials a look.

You pretty much can modify parts of Tutorial 1 to do exactly what you want.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I have looked at his tutorials before, I actually had production PCBs made off his designs. I think i have 2 or 3 of a few of his boards because I was very interested in learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back