Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple IR transmitter receiver schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnoquinn

Hello, I'm looking for very simple plans/schematics for an infrared transmitter and receiver and was wondering if anyone had some available or could point me in the right direction. I found some plans on the web, bought all of the components and had no luck getting it to work. What I want to do is to remotely turn on an LED indicator from across the room (range of 12 feet) as a visual cue to my partner - something compact, generating no RF and with a low power consumption. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Hello, I'm looking for very simple plans/schematics for an infrared transmitter and receiver and was wondering if anyone had some available or could point me in the right direction. I found some plans on the web, bought all of the components and had no luck getting it to work. What I want to do is to remotely turn on an LED indicator from across the room (range of 12 feet) as a visual cue to my partner - something compact, generating no RF and with a low power consumption. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Hi there! Can you link to or post the plans/schematic you built from? Perhaps if the original design isn't broken, we can help you debug it.

Regards,

Torben

Hi there! Can you link to or post the plans/schematic you built from? Perhaps if the original design isn't broken, we can help you debug it.

Regards,

Torben
Hello Torben, here's the link to a site which provided what I thought was my solution:

Infa-Red Remote Control

I was going to replace the solenoid on the receiver with an LED but my voltmeter gave me no indication of activity. I did follow the suggestions in the follow up comments with no luck.

Thanks for your assistance,

John

---------------------------
curiosity killed the cat, but for the longest I was to blame... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back