Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple IR demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatman

As part of a major project im doing for my advanced Dip
I need a simple Infra red trigger. I have the transmiter under control with a 555 timer at 38khz with other circuitry for a simple four bit code word.

What I need is a simple way of decodeing this I will have a detector with a lens that only passes 38kHz but I hear you can get special chips just for this purpose. Do I need it? Could I just use part of my 40 pin PIC to decode this? How?

Thanks for any help!
ken

hatman said:
As part of a major project im doing for my advanced Dip
I need a simple Infra red trigger. I have the transmiter under control with a 555 timer at 38khz with other circuitry for a simple four bit code word.

What I need is a simple way of decodeing this I will have a detector with a lens that only passes 38kHz but I hear you can get special chips just for this purpose. Do I need it? Could I just use part of my 40 pin PIC to decode this? How?

You can get simple three pin IR receiver IC's, it's not cost effective to use anything else - you just supply power and ground, and the data comes out of the third pin. You then use the PIC to decode the recovered data.

Check my IR PIC tutorials!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back