Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple hyperterminal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I am trying out my new blue tooth interface which connects via serial port to laptop, there i link it to my PC bluetooth card, after pairing i launch hyper terminal on both systems and setup commports,

after that I can send serial data to the firefly(serial card) from the PC card, with NP!
but when i try to send data back (from the firefly to the PC) it no work, but TX continues to be oK?

could this be software issue(winxp) or maybe hdw?

Hyper Terminal is NOT recommended. Use something like Bray's terminal instead. It could be a software or hardware flow control setting that's not set properly.

I prefer TeraTerm over Bray Terminal. If you want to use TeraTerm though, I suggested editing the INI file to increase the maximum COM Port to 16 instead of 4.

HyperTerminal is a waste of hard drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back