Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple HomeMade Fire Alarm Control Panel Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhop16

Hello all,

i am designing a simple fire alarm system consisting of some smoke detectors, and i control panel , so far i have one smoke detector which i have fitted with a relay.

the fire alarm circuit is going OK so far but i am using more relays then i would like to as i dont have enough and dont want to have to buy any, is there anyway i can use transistors instead? i have loads of diodes and loads of resistors and some transistors. the circuit is allot more complicated then it probably needs to be but any suggestions of how i can make it better would be much appreciated.

also, how am i going to get the relevant led light to come on when its detector is activated?

Please look and the schematic and i would be thankful of any suggestions of improvement, thanks,

Tom :)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,855
You should be able to get away with 1 relay to drive the siren. Put power to one side and the relay on the other to ground. Connect power to one side of the relay through a momentary NC switch. Ground from any detector through a diode will pull in the relay sounding the alarm. Also connect that ground through another diode so the relay locks until the cancel switch is pushed. If you connect a LED from the input side of the diode to power through the appropriate resister (about 330 to 470 ohms), you can even see active zone sources.

Since I don’t see from your drawing how much current a detector can sink, you may need to include either a transistor driver or a very low current input relay for each zone.

Hi Gary,
sorry for the long gap, ive been busy lately and haven't had time for this project, i understand what you said and i have some idea now of what im gonna do :) thanks for the reply, il let you know how i get on when i get round to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back