Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple flatulence sound generator circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
I'm looking for a small (easy to conceal), battery operated, disposiable (not likely to be recovered after implemented) circuit, to imitate a person with a nasty gas problem.

It doesn't need to be particularly realistic, but a little better than a simple single tone buzzer. I'd like to use basic, descrete components (stuff on hand), and inexpensive.

At work, they've been upgrading/remodeling (ripped up the floors and walls) for about a month now, tell us about 2 weeks (likely another month). Porta-potties, in the middle of summer, in Florida... that's just too cruel. Thought a little prank for the grand opening was in order. Anyway, need to cut through some research and experimenting to get the sound. Figure I'll just put it on a simple 555 timer. Have to see the new improved faucilities to decide how best to conceal the device.

I figure somebody out there, at sometime has used a similar prank, so please share,

There was a funny-as-hell story of some guys who make a pair of fake legs to make a toilet look occupied and they added a continuous loop mp3 player of grunts, "plops", etc but not ridiculously over-the-top. They went to a lot of work to make sure the acoustics of the recording would play back in a completely realistic fashion. They fooled everybody at work with the cyber-crapper. The janitor was afraid to confront the man in order to clean the bathroom.

God, I'm still laughing... I'm not looking to go to that expense. It's a large restroom, a hidden noisemaker on a timer should suffice. We have quite a few employees that use it for a hiding place, or maybe they just have an embarassing medical condition.

I don't have recording equipment, but I do remember seeing a cheap MP3 player, about $5.00. Might have to try and find that website again. Still think there is a simple transistor oscillator circuit that would work well enough. I'll keep looking, will post whatever I find.

Why don't you just buy (or trash pick) a cheap and nasty cassette player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back