Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Digital Ohm Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogen

Hi all.

I am in search of a simple DIY ohm meter that will read from .1 to 5ohm.

If anyone can help me out with this project i would greatly appreciate it.

Have a look at http://jaanus.tech-thing.org/category/half-ohm/ for a very simple two-wire low-ohm adapter for your multimeter. It uses a single 3V cell for power. (you could use USB power if you really wanted to)

That circuit can be modified simply to become a four-wire interface to remove the effect of contact resistance of the probes.

Thanks for that but i need something that is standalone and only reads ohms. This is a project i am attempting to replicate this **broken link removed**

For a simple ohmeter a 1a current source from a lm317 and just a starightforward voltmeter work great, I use one for checking larger contactors and switches.
1A from a usb port might be a little over the top current wise, you could maybe build a 100ma current source then your volt reading would be ohms/10.
You can read low ohms using a pulsed method, but that gets tricky.
This isny much use to you but it gives an idea:

**broken link removed**

This meter will measure from .001 ohms and up to 1.999 Ohms.
With Minor Changes, it should be able to read from .01 to 19.99 Ohms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back