Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple DC motor reversing diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

greathouselabs

Hello,
I hoping that one of you might have a simple way to reverse a 12 DC motor using a relay and micro switches.

I am building a Halloween project , I need to trip a switch and have the dc motor pull a prop 10 feet one way and stop on a micro switch.

When another switch is pressed it would reverse the motorand go back to the starting micro switch.

Any simple ideas?
Place where I could find a schematic?
Thanks

Lance

You are looking for an "H-bridge" (except instead of the normal MOSFETs, you replace it with relays).

I think this will work...a relay version of an H-bridge. The variation from your original request is that the "direction" is started or changed with a two position DPDT toggle switch. Flipping the direction switch during transit will reverse direction of the motor.

Ken

Attachments

• MotorLimitSwtReverser.gif
    MotorLimitSwtReverser.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 5,758
Last edited:
Lance,
You are basically wanting the same circuit that older less sophisticated automotive power windows use. The diagram at the link below is a very straight forward schematic of that circuit, without the limit switches, which can easily be installed in both the "up wire" and "down wire". It uses a coupla standard automotive relays that can be purchased at any auto store.
You can view that diagram here...
**broken link removed**

Lance,
You are basically looking for the same circuit as the older, less sophisticated setup for an automobile power window setup. This link shows that (easy to follow) circuit without the limit switches which, of course, would be placed in the "up wire" and "down wire". All that is required is the switch, a coupla automotive 5 pin automotive relays and your limit switches.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back