Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple DC-AC inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesou

Hi all, I am doing a project and I need a simple DC-AC inverter which can convert 1.2v DC to higher AC voltage level (no matter how high is it, maybe 5v or 12v).
Can someone help ? Schematic diagram is welcome !!!
many thx !!!

I am not sure. I am using a 1.2V rechargable battery to store the electricity from solar cell and want to convert it to AC in order to power AC load. Maybe 50mA !

Last edited:
Sine wave or square wave. You're not going to find much that works down at 1.2V, there is another thread with about the same info. Anything you build will be much larger than a AA battery.
Is this a school assignment?

sine wave is ok. I just want to achieve the AC output while keep the circuit small and simple. any suggestions ?

Actually there is no specific load coz the project is solar energy system and DC-AC converter is built to provide AC in case there is any load.

Then start with a 12V solar panel. 1.2V by itself is near useless except for toys and calculators.
AC for what? What 12V device uses an AC load at 50ma?

12V solar system could be much complex. is there still a way to build a simple DC-AC converter ? Just build it for experiment purpose not for practical.

Actually 12V is common. What model of panel voltage , watts & size are your using?

Edit:
If you can find at least 2.4V the LT3471 can do the job.

Opps it's DC out.

Last edited:
2V 100mA Polycrystalline Silicon Solar Power Module Panel
■Operating Voltage: 2V
■Operating Current: 100mA
■Size: 60 x 60mm / 2.4 x 2.4in

Buy six panels and connect them in series. Voila 12V
Again why 12VAC not DC? What needs low voltage low current AC? What frequency do you want the AC?

Last edited:
Google up Joule Thief, it generates AC and works from very low voltages. Put a 2k trimpot instead of 1k resistor and find the best working point for your inductor and load.

Here is a simple 3v to 5v. It can be 1.5v to 12v

10496-solar charger cct.gif

If I put more cells to increase the input voltage then I have to do the charge regulator which is quite complex. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Google up Joule Thief, it generates AC and works from very low voltages. Put a 2k trimpot instead of 1k resistor and find the best working point for your inductor and load.
Thanks for ur advice but can u explain more(better with schematic diagram) coz I searched the internet and it said Joule Thief circuit is used to suck the last remnants of life from a cell and generate AC-like current.

Joule Thief is not very efficient because it does not have a capacitor on the high side of the feedback winding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back