Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple circuit detects NO and NC connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
The circuit you are looking for is a battery and a light bulb.

Mike.

thanks for reply
I will use the result signal to activate alarm
please send more details and schematic
thanks again

Please elaborate more.
You can use a battery, a switch (with NC and NO), and a buzzer. This is the simple circuit.

I want to design a thing as a boiler, I use a water sensor(mechnial) NO, when the water reaches to the required level the sensor becomes short , so the system makes heater to be ON, how can the system sense this short?

mae2007,

What voltage is the water sensor switching ON/OFF to the heater? AC? DC?

Ken

Last edited:
the voltage to the heater is 220 V AC, the water sensor isnot photosensor. it is a water buoy. it is NO. when the water reaches to the required level then the two wires(out from buoy) become short. I mind that I put 5 V DC on one wire and then connect these two wire to an AND gate. when the two wires become short so the AND output will be high. I take this output to control the heater via a relay connection. is it an logic,durable and safe idea??????????????
thanks

please see attached image

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 270
So you want to have the "float switch" continue to switch the heater ON and OFF, but want to add an alarm then the heater is turned ON. What is the voltage of the alarm? Or, do you want to provide a logic level (5V) signal to some other device for the alarm?

Ken

If its digital out...

Use a pulldown resistor with your switch in series with Vcc and the resistor

When the switch is NO, you will receive 0v to your controller.
When the switch is NC, you will receive Vcc on your controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back