Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Audio output help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferkpj

Hi everyone. I am trying to test my audio jack. It's a 3.5mm TRS audio jack. There are five pins on the audio jack: 1) Ring shield, Ring, Tip shield, Tip, and Ground. I tried using a sine wave (500Hz) generated by a function generator and send it to the tip; then I connected the rest of the 4 pins to ground.
However, I did not get any output from the headphones. I tried leaving the 2 shield pins floating, and just connect the signal to the TIP, and put Ring to ground, it didn't work either.

Is it possible to get an audible signal out of a sine wave generated by a wave generator? I thought headphones are similar to a stereo that the headphones should convert the electrical signal to audio format.

Would it be possible that I might need an amplifier for the output?
My function generator doesn't let me set the power or current of the wave...only let me set the voltage.

Thanks!

Answered in the "CHAT" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back