Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple and cheap phone-2-PIC interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpjack

I'd like to build a very simple interface to enable a standard cellphone to communicate with a PIC.
I think it should be possibile just by using the audio output: almost all modern, although cheap, cellphones are able to play MIDI files; this results in having a sinusoidal low-frequency signal on the headset port.

I'd like to connect this port to a PIC, in such a way the PIC can see if the signal is present or not; this way, by properly modulating the timing of the emitted audio, I can send binary data to the PIC! (sound present = 1, no sound = 0).

I think a simple RC circuit should be enough to turn the sinusoid into an almost-constant voltage value.
But I don't know how to read an analog voltage with a PIC, I only used it for digital projects.

Can anybody drive me in the right direction?
How is the ADC port named? How do I access it in assembly, or in Proton PIC BASIC? How do I compare its value to a fixed value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back