Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple 1W Audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
7052 amp

Yep, it is silent when connected to a 9v batt and it worked with my machine. The sound was very scratchy though.
Thanks.

Any ideas on how to increase the volume and still have a clear sound?

The battery made it quiet because a battery is DC. Your power supply has some AC on its DC, or it has a terminal connected to earth.

1W is not loud. You need a more efficient speaker or more amplifier power.
What is scratchy sound? No bass frequencies? Distorted?

A speaker produces no bass if it is too small or does not have a properly designed enclosure.
An amplifier produces no bass if the value of one of its coupling capacitors is too low.

The output of an amplifier is very distorted if its input signal level is too high which causes the output to clip.

It depends on the device, the frequency and the efficiency. A horn speaker driven at 2kHz at a power level of 1W will be much more efficient than a sub woofer driven at 1W at 40Hz. From a distance of 300mm the horn speaker will deafen you but you'll hardly be able to hear the woofer.

I have never seen nor heard an answering machine connected to a PA horn speaker nor a sub-woofer speaker.

Lol but you get my point. :D

Hello guys,
I want to use this circuit for my infrared muisic transmitter mini project. Any suggestions. I wil let you know once it is completed. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back