Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple 12v ignition coil driver needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev77

hi all i need help to builde a simple 12v ignition coil driver. i dont have much exp in electronics.
Any help will be good. thanks

What are you trying to do? Are you just making a high voltage spark? Does it need to be synchronized with anything?

8kw is an awful lot for an ignition coil. I think he means 8kv.

I recommend this one from RMCybernetics: https://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/homemade_pulse_controller.htm

Frequency and duty cycle are adjusted independently of one another. The main thing you really need to be sure of is that your power source is able to produce enough current to drive the coil, which is usually >5 amps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back