Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple 1 shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_mog

Hi All,

I am trying to find a simple 1 shot / monostable circuit

it needs to be a small as possible..

I basically need it to reset another circuit. this is done by switching off power to the second circuit for 3 sec's

however once power is applied to the new circuit it will stay powered for up to 3 hours, so all the monostables i have seen dont seem to do the trick

any help will be great

K-

You have not provided enough info. It is not so simple.

What triggers the 3 second period? Button? Interruption of power? Turn-on of power?

What is the power supply? Voltage? How much standby current can the timer draw?

How does the 3 sec timer switch power to the second circuit? High-side? Low-side? How many amps?

Last edited:
flip flops toggle circuits, then you can put a timer/counter on the trigger and reset latches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back