Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal sensing power strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgveteran

Hello! I now have a current sensing smart strip for an audio project that is near completion.
I ran into a problem when one of the devices an electronic cross over remains on and the amplifier keeps triggering back on when the audio signal is closed down.

This is how it is suppose to go. An Apple Airport Express receives a signal to start streaming music from my Ipad. The signal goes to an active crossover first to divide the signal between the main speakers and the subwoofers. That didnt work because the electronic crossover has no signal sensing so nothing came on.

Plan 2: run the signal to the amplifier for the mains as it has signal sensing. Then cascade the output of that amp to the crossover. This would mean the mains run full range and the subs just add bass as needed.....sure

Seems even if the amplifier senses a signal from the acive crossover's input or duplicated output it switches on.....good grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back