Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal generator ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PratapKollu

hai

I need a sine wave generator ic for generating 300 kHz to 500 kHz
i tired to get MAX038 but unable to find it Ireland

can any one suggest any alternative ic?
or any international supplier for max038

thanks and regards
pratap

note: please dont ask me to google it, i am doing it since 3 days and posting here

Can you get hold of a XR-2206? This is a similar chip to the MAX038.

Sparkfun do a kit. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9002

I once created a sine generator from a timer, a shift register and an eprom (2k). Using a 2r2 ladder.

Last edited:
DDS solution

DDS

Maybe you could give a look here.

Some or those chips are simpler than the rest but you need a micro to command them (albeit quite simple to program).

What are you trying to do?, 300KHz-500KHz is RF, probably not a good idea to use a low quality audio generator?.

i am trying to excite my sensor using 400 khz wave form, whats low quality audio generator, please give some explanation and links
thanks and regards
pratap

i am trying to excite my sensor using 400 khz wave form, whats low quality audio generator, please give some explanation and links
thanks and regards
pratap

'Exciting my sensor' doesn't really tell us anything?, but why are you wanting an expensive IC when all you need is a cheap transistor RF oscillator?.

'Exciting my sensor' doesn't really tell us anything?, but why are you wanting an expensive IC when all you need is a cheap transistor RF oscillator?.

frankly saying, i dont know about this RF oscillator
I shall try to check it, if it works for me
exciting my sensor-> supplying the signal to magnetic sensor

thanks and regards
Pratap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back