Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal generator as oscilloscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antknee

I have a signal generator, it's a Digimess FG200. Now it has an "External input counter 0.2Hz - 2MHz", does this mean I can use it as an oscilloscope to report the frequency of a circuit?

Thanks,

Antknee.

A oscilloscope uses a CRT/TFT to display the waveforms based on a time base. Eventually a oscilloscope has a frequency counter. But you cannot use your signal generator's frequency counter to act like an oscilloscope, it will act just as a... Frequency counter.

You can use it as a frequency counter, I wouldn't say 'as an oscilloscope' though as an oscilloscope is used for far more than measuring frequency.

Ah yes. That makes sense. I actually only need a frequency counter. The shape of the waveforms isn't something I need to be concerned with. Thanks to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back