Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal drifting/EM signal/Faraday cage/metal box with connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengjun Li

Hi,

I am using a evaluation board to measure extreme small differential capacitance on the aF scale. I always got a drifting output, although the speed of drift is slow. I think this might due to the influence of environmental EM signal. I want to use a faraday cage to isolate the EM signal. The faraday cage is better to have connectors on it. I used to see somebody else use a metal box with connectors on it, but I don't know how it is called. Does anyone know where can I buy such a box or what it is named? I didn't find any item by typing faraday cage on DIGIKEY.

Thanks,

How big does it need to be? Basically anythink like a cast aluminium or box should work fine. You might wat to get an RF gasket as well to connect the lid nicely.

Searching for "boxes" on Digi-Key and selecting only the metal items (which can serve as Faraday enclosures), gives you this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back