Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sigh, anybody want to buy me batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

This is stupid. I am stupid. I am poor (I am). But does anybody want to purchase/donate a 6V battery pack? I can trade you for whatever I have. I'm sorry for asking.

hmmm, Let me look:
2x 26,000uf 30VDC Capacitor with Screw Terminal
2x 19,000uf 40VDC Capacitor with Secrew Terminal
Many assorted fans
1x Very nice 4pin stepper motor pulled out of a working Stepper

I probably have some other stuff, but who knows :)

What capacity?

NiMH batteries are pretty cheap and only an idiot wouldn't consider connecting four in series.

I was thinking along the lines of batteries sold in packs, but my local hobby store sells them for about 12$, which isnt too bad.

Without specifying the capacity or chemistry your post is pretty meaningless.

Have you looked into lead acid batteries? The sort used in burglar alarms are pretty cheap.

You can also try thrift shops (local churches, GoodWill, Salvation Army...). Sometimes close out stores (Dollar, Big Lots...) have super crappy R/C cars & trucks from $6-$12, which also come with a 6V, 7.2V or 9.6 V battery pack and charger. Also, cheap cordless tools, but not sure the voltage... Maybe it's about time, in your young life to learn some dirty words... Like 'Job' or 'Work'... No sense putting it off until after you finish school. Hobbies cost money, and parents work hard for theirs. You can count on some support, but there is another nasty word, 'Obligations', which tends to limit their generous and caring nature...

HarveyH42 said:
Maybe it's about time, in your young life to learn some dirty words... Like 'Job' or 'Work'... No sense putting it off until after you finish school. Hobbies cost money, and parents work hard for theirs. You can count on some support, but there is another nasty word, 'Obligations', which tends to limit their generous and caring nature...

The begging was not a good thing.

To be fair Krumlink does work, but he also has school, first robotics, and once in while we find time for a lesson. Like many of us his pocketbook is not as deep as he would like. Mostly he was trying to recycle/trade/sell some of his on hand parts to get what he needs now.

While we are on a thrift swing, remember that a "bad" NiCd pack may only have one or two cells bad initially. If you catch it soon enough, you can disassemble it and recover the good cells. I have done that many times. Another trick, which I am reluctant to mention here, is you can sometimes "spark" a bad cell to break up the whiskers, and get a recovered cell in return. I also do that, but use care and safety glasses when or if you do it.

I still use both types of scavenged cells when I am testing a motor or something that I don't want to use a good flight pack for.

John

3v0 said:
The begging was not a good thing.

To be fair Krumlink does work, but he also has school, first robotics, and once in while we find time for a lesson. Like many of us his pocketbook is not as deep as he would like. Mostly he was trying to recycle/trade/sell some of his on hand parts to get what he needs now.

Yes, I must admit that he's come a long way in the past few months, and it's not easy for him. Still think I gave some good advice, perhaps worded badly. Kind of looks like this country is heading for some tough times in about a year, and most everyone is going to feel the pinch. But mostly, later in life he will have needs that exceed his resources, and a small side job will fill the need. It's better to learn to work for the money, then get buried in credit and loans.

Back to the batteries... Unless someone can fix him up locally, shipping will make it unreasonable.

I like that custom battery pack website, I may get something from there (cheap shipping too)

Frankly, I though mneary was making a joke related to the Tom Jones classic,
Tom Jones said:
You load sixteen tons, what do ya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back