Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Siemens PC-based HMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I want to use an HMI software from Siemens. I want to know the name of the software that makes the complete HMI system on normal PCs because I found that siemens has two software packages : ProTool & WinCC. What is the difference between them? And which of them can be used for PC-based applications and which is used for the configuration of HMI operator panels?

I notice quite a number of posts regarding the same topic.

Is this for your own gain (i.e. trying to gain as much information about DCS/PLC/SCADA as possible) or are you searching for a control system for a specific industrial application?

WinCC together with S7 and PCS7 engineering platform comes at a pretty penny. Mind you, the same goes for ABB AC800M and Control builder with AC800xA SCADA.

These are highly scalable control systems capable of controlling from a simple remote operated garage door to the most intrinsic safe nuclear power station.

Unfortunately your question is far too generic to even consider answering.

This forum is not geared towards Process control. Try this link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back