Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shuffleboard Scorer Hobby Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxg01

Hi,
I am new to the electronics field and would like advice on building a Shuffleboard Scorer. Nothing fancy, just something to get my feet wet and familiarize myself with basic components. This is not an assignment or anything, just a hobby project.
These would be the ideal features:
-2 dual 7-segment LED's (1 set per side)
-3 push buttons (1 on each side to increment score, 1 on center to reset)

That's it! Should be pretty simple. What would be some cheap components I could breadboard up and use? Would I necessarily need a micro to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated! You guys are alyways helpful.
Thanks!

A micro could be used quite easily.
Though from what you say, you could simply get away with using 4 4026 ICs. Each one would have it's own 7 segment display and they can easily share one reset pulse.
Sorry that I don't have a schematic that I could point you at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back