Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should there be a PIC specific microcontroller forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0sh

For that matter, maybe there should be one for the Basic Stamp (or Parallax?) series as well? I just see several posts asking about how to use a PIC in various situations; I can't give them much help (I play with AVR/Arduino), so it would be nice if I could point them to a forum where their question may be better answered (or ideally, they would find the forum first).

Just a thought...

:)

The main MicroController forum is mainly PIC, the less popular ones (like AVR/8051) were moved off to sub-forums.

Hmm - well, that may be clear to long-time users of the forum. However, to new users, it isn't clear at all that there is such a distinction; my best guess (prior to what you told me) would've been the main forum was for general microcontroller discussion (including PIC), while the sub-forums were, of course, for their respective families. I was left scratching my head as to why there wasn't a PIC forum, although I figured the main forum was where it was discussed. Other users may or may not come to the same conclusion, though. Perhaps there needs to be a FAQ to explain these things better to new users (is there one, and so far I have missed it?)...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back