Shorted Canon Camera LP E8 battery .... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up doing this becasue somebody said it might kick the battery back into life. I think you alluded to it where providing power to one of the Ics would bring it out of sleep mode.

After connecting the battery pack that I built to the camera battery (after about 5 mins) I disconnected it, because I was going to bed. I inserted the camera battery into the charger and the charger's 'charging light lit for a moment. The insertion of the canon battery was awkward because it's not properly reassembled. I will attached my homemade pack to the canon battery for a few hours tomorrow and then try it in the charger, hopefully it will have taken more of a charge from the my battery pack to allow it to continue to charge in the canon charger. I'll also know to insert the canon battery in a better way. I will keep you posted.

I've attached 4 images. The first is before I connected the camera battery to the battery pack I made and the reading is 0.152. The second is after the camera battery had been connected to the DIY battery pack for about 3 hours and it's reading 7.62v. The third is the camera battery in the charger, but the charger's light is not coming on. The forth shows a spurious battery and the charger working.

Last edited:
I've attached 4 images. The first is before I connected the camera battery to the battery pack I made and the reading is 0.152. The second is after the camera battery had been connected to the DIY battery pack for about 3 hours and it's reading 7.62v. The third is the camera battery in the charger, but the charger's light is not coming on. The forth shows a spurious battery and the charger working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…