Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short circuit protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious

I have a 40-90V DC input driving some logic circuit.I am trying to protect the circuit by turning it off above 3 amps.I have checked some polyswitch fuses(have not found anything matching my requirement).I am also looking to implement it using a current sensor.I do not know how to proceed beyond this point , can anyone pls help.

More information required.

What is the "logic circuit"?
Why the high voltage?
Does the "logic circuit" normally draw 3 amps? Sounds rather a lot.

JimB

The logic circuit has some mosfets driving a relay with pwm output.
The load current is 2.5 Amps ( maximum of 3 amps)

Any current limiter will do cutting off at 3 amps.There are no other low voltages.It is a little urgent Pls help.

Try putting this circuit in the return line. The IRF630 will get real hot when it current limits.

Attachments

• i_limit_185.jpg
    i_limit_185.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 918
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back