Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shoot a golf ball 4m

Status
Not open for further replies.

tave

Hi guys, i need to launch a golfball 4m horizontally....i dont know how im going to go about making this

any idea?

i was thinking something alongs the lines of a cannon type thing, but no compressed air

A motor can pull a sling shot and a mechanism do the release when gets to launching force.

You would need gearing that will allow the pull force to be manageable by the power of the chosen motor, and some lever to release the pull. Hundreds of ways to do it, you have to think according to the parts you can gather.

:) A "L" shape hook at the end of a string being wound on the motor shaft can do the pull and hit a ramp at the end of the pull changing its angle to allow slipping the pulled part out of the "L"
And dozens of other ways.... if the release has to be automatic.

Just put your thinking cap on. :)

Check out a pin ball machine. Think of the principle used there.

use 2x electric motor connected to wheels and tyres, mount close spinning opposite directions, drop golf ball in the middle

im sure you could get 50m never mind 4m

Hi guys, i need to launch a golfball 4m horizontally....i dont know how im going to go about making this

any idea?

i was thinking something alongs the lines of a cannon type thing, but no compressed air
Use a mouse trap or rat trap.

use 2x electric motor connected to wheels and tyres, mount close spinning opposite directions, drop golf ball in the middle

im sure you could get 50m never mind 4m

its not a huge motor..its this motor

**broken link removed**

you think i can get 4m with that?

Last edited:
golf ball

Look at a baseball pitching machine. I think that motor(2) would work if you sized the tires just right.

what size tires?

i've been looking for tires everywhere...any links to where i can get some the right size?

what size tires?

i've been looking for tires everywhere...any links to where i can get some the right size?

Now that sounds like a good physics problem. Small tires would have little thrust, and too big would have little velocity. Selecting the right tire size would be key. Hmm, off to the drawing board.

The smallest motor can do this if it spins up a flywheel which supplies the impulse of energy to throw the ball. Do the math on paper first. You need the weight and you need to calc. the required "muzzle velocity."

golf ball launcher

It has become apparent to me you want someone to do ALL the work for you.
You don't seem willing to do even the basic research on this.:(

The general formula for the kinetic energy is:

E = 0.5 • m • v2

In SI units, mass m is in kilograms and velocity v is in metres per second, giving kinetic energy E in joules.

the mass is 45.93 grams so 0.04593 kilograms
and what would i need for velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back