Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shoe Robot LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hey Friends ,

am going to build a new robot to fetch my shoe to me in a specific place in my flat .

so when i call it with it's name , then it directly it come to me .
i'll make it sensitive just to my voice , and i'll install on it several racks to put my shoes on it . :lol:

my problem is : am not sure that i can make it hear my voice .

anyway , what do you think of this idea ??
did any one made it before?

waiting for your response

hmm... a bit complicated for shoes.

there are complex and expensive ICs for voice recogniton.Microchip also made voice recogniton software for there dsPIC (these are Digital signal procesors)

Anyway voice recogniton dose not vork realy good.Even on an PC.I tryed it and it makes qite some mistakes.Mostly it dosent react to a word.And somtines it thinks you sead somting difrent.Its prtey frustrating.

Fingerprint recognition instead?

Heard from someone involved, that distance and local noise could hampers seriously any attempt to throw reliable results.

I have the feeling that distance IS the problem.

i know voice recnogation could be a problem , so i have a nother solution by using RF remote to call my robot .

wht you think of it ?

Than an directional antena and an signal strenth mether to detect from where its coming from but this will be big.becose of the antena and the mechanicsa to rotate it.

You also need some RF circuits that can be dificult to get working.

no i'll not let it to serach for me , but i'll be in a specific place at home , and even the robot too will be in a specific place .

so it has a path to walk on .

may be after a while i can find how to let it search for me by ultrasonic .

Well voice recognition is a bit of a pain but if you just want to say get my shoe and that is the only programed command then I think it would be accurate.

It also depends on your budget, how much are you willing to spend on this that matters.

It also depends on the size, and you should explain on what programming language you know or how much experience you have on the engineering level.

You could also but the shoes on the robot and remote control it and have a camera on it which is only a couple of bucks on ebay. You could always put a sound sensor so when it hears a clap or so at a certain pitch and trys to come closer to the sound but that would require a consistent sound which would be a pain in the neck.

watzmann said:
no i'll not let it to serach for me , but i'll be in a specific place at home , and even the robot too will be in a specific place .

so it has a path to walk on .

may be after a while i can find how to let it search for me by ultrasonic .

Rather than the complexity of voice, how about recognizing your whistle? It should be easier to tune a cicuit to react to a specific whistle frequency. It might even be fun practising to sharpen your whistle to get a precise tune :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back