Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shocker From A Pen Shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand911

I am making a digital electronics project and i need to make a shocker similar to the kind in a shock pen or lighter. This i will attatch to a mini rc car and shock people by remote. Could someone please give me some schematics for a shocker using a 9v battery preferably thank you so much:D

What's with shockers? Man people keep wanting to do this crap.

Pushbutton lighters and shock pens don't use electronics. It's a mechanical high voltage generator, it strikes a piezo crysal and this generates a high voltage pulse.

Other shockers put an inductor across a battery, then suddenly open it up. The inductor tries to maintain the current and with no load except maybe tens of K or more of skin resistance it will generate a high voltage. The inductor can't be left on the battery for long at all or it will burn up. The switch needs to tolerate a very large amount of HV and it's hard to make a mosfet or bipolar do it.

Normally it's more than a inductor but an auto-transformer, basically a miniture ignition coil.

What's more this isn't a digital circuit in the normal usage of the term, (assuming you mean digital as in digital logic), otherwise I suppose it it, the current in the transformer is either on or off.

That's really a childish thing to want to do. Minorly amusing perhaps but it's still dangerous, those piezo igniters put out single cycle pulses on the order of 15,000 volts. It's enough to ignite propane in air and fry almost any electronics circuit. Considering an RC car is also 'floating' electrically with respect to any real ground you're liable to fry the internal electronics on accident. If the 'shocker' doesn't have a conduction path to ground when it goes off the charge is going to bleed off onto the chassis. At 15kv's most things conduct electricity passably, and it's more than enough to destroy simple insulators.

Maybe he'll zap himself into reality. Jimminy Christmas, what's with this place? Is there some pop-up banner these kooks see on their log-in screen that says:

Electro-Tech Forums - The place to be for the devious, the brainless, the inept, and the corrupt electronics hobbyist!

:mad: :(

There was a real sailboat and its metal mast touched a high voltage power line. It total destruction was caught on film.

At least a boat is grounded by the water so it can send a spark to somebody who is grounded but how is the car and its victim going to be grounded or connected together?

Hasn't the school kid seen birds on high voltage power lines? Seen guys fixing live wires? They don't get shocked because they don't have both wires. How is his car going to provide both wires to the victim?

I've got one of those really small micro RC cars ($3.00), was going to use the transmitter/reciever circuits for something else. Also kind of hoped for a super capacitor in the car. The range is maybe 15 feet, so wasn't enough for stripping it down. Don't think it's even 1 inch tall. It would be tough to shock somebody wearing shoes...

Wonder how bad a shock somebody (no way I'm testing this...) would get off the flash unit from a disposable camera? It's a relatively small board, and runs off a single AA battery.

My only interestin these shocker/stun-gun posts, is hearing about the accidental shocks while building these things. Even a lab rat only needs to get zapped a couple of times to learn a lesson...

I think the shock from a camera's flash circuit would be very painful. There is a lot of energy in a flash.

If I could figure a way for it to trigger when the neighbor's male siamese cat urinates on my tires... Swear he's part skunk, nasty *******. Firecrackers don't make him run off anymore, just finishes his business and walks off.

It would be difficult to connect two wires to the cat. Maybe the flashtube will scare the cat a couple of times until he laughs at it.

Harvey, use an electric fence setup, only use foil plates next to the tires with an insulated plate underneath. Shoes should insulate well enough but a cat's gonna get a nasty surprise. Any old piece of junk aluminum would make a good conduction plate. Trust me the cat won't come near your car after a few weeks.

Maybe he electrically shocks the cat and in turn the cat jumps and claws at a nearby person. They in turn are "shocked" from the sudden feline behavior and even bleeding from those razor claws. He succeeds with his prank.

Walking on his way home with the RC car tucked under an arm, the victim sees him, approaches and proceeds to shove the car up his rectum, then grasps the remote activating the circuits. Between spinning wheels and electrical shocks, the prankster experiences the worst laxative of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back