Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sharp LC-37HV4E broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimo

Hi folks,

I own a Sharp LC-37HV4E for many years and now it stops to work. With Power-On, Display LED lights green and after some seconds changes to red and blinks 3 times in sequence. No picture, no sound :(

In this forum some people describted similar issues with that tv, its supposed to come from inverter circuit or ccfl-tubes.

I would like to repair it, because the sharp is still a very good tv with excellent picture (and sound) quality. But without service manual I have no chance. Can someone send me the service manual, or has any advice for that issue? What means the 3-times blink code?

Thanks in advance and I have to apologize my poor english, I'm German.

Best regards from Raimo

Good morning, Nigel,

I don't know what 3 flashes mean.
But I don't think it comes from AVC, because I tested the display on other AVC and got same issue.

I opened the display right now, all inverter fuses look good, but without circuit diagram it's hard do check any more.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH SERVICE MANUAL OR CITCUIT DIAGRAM ?

Thanks to all,
Raimo

Good morning, Nigel,

I don't know what 3 flashes mean.
But I don't think it comes from AVC, because I tested the display on other AVC and got same issue.

I opened the display right now, all inverter fuses look good, but without circuit diagram it's hard do check any more.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH SERVICE MANUAL OR CITCUIT DIAGRAM ?

Thanks to all,
Raimo

I've emailed it to you.

Hi guys,

thanks friendly support of Nigel, I received the service manual and found whats wrong with my Display. The Power Unit supplies just the 6V and 10V, but 13V missing.
Any part on primary side is broken, I didn't found exactly what. But there is a repair kit comes directly from Sharp (Order-No: BQC-30HV241, price 140 Euro), including some semicons, resistors and one IC to change.
Sharp recommends to change this components and additionally to resolder some other parts. I also noticed already some dry solder points, some resistors I could move with my finger ...

After receiving the repair kit, I try my best and give you a short message about success ;-)

Best Greetings from hot Germany to all,
Raimo

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back