Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sharp Distance sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have been looking in the datasheet for the Sharp distance sensor GP2Y0D340K, but couldn't figure out, how the output is been converted. Does it generate an output in the same time period as the distance to the object, or what?

Electronics4you

could you post the data here please? or the addres

it looks like time between two rising edges is proportional to the distance.
the scale is 0.1ms/cm.

as this gives you a low pulse, you could mesure the distance and read the pulse with the sensor and display the result on a LCD or om computer. i think that it is so tha 1 cm = 1ms of low pulse, but i'm not 90% shure.

i don't think so, if it was 1ms=1cm, it would require 60ms output for 60cm distance.

Electronics4you said:
Hi All

I have been looking in the datasheet for the Sharp distance sensor GP2Y0D340K, but couldn't figure out, how the output is been converted. Does it generate an output in the same time period as the distance to the object, or what?

Hi Electronics4you,
Looking through the datasheet, I think this chip is a fixed distance indicator. If you are 'far' away from the reflective surface, the Vo is '1'. When you are 40 +/-5cm and closer from the surface the Vo output is '0'. At least this is how I read the info in the datasheet.

TOK ;)

If you check all the solder joints with a voltmeter you will find one that varies voltage proportional to distance. I believe it was 2 to 4 volts or so.

As I remember, there are TWO versions of the Sharp distance sensors, one provides a varying DC voltage output, which represents the distance measured. The other type just provides a switched output at a certain range, so can't actually measure varying distances - so you need to make sure you get the one you need!.

Sharp makes lots of parts. Distance sensors from Sharp i remember dealing with ware GP2D1x series. They came in different versions too (fixed output, analog output and serial output). Ones i have are with analog output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back