Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shall we start again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

If a program that uses porta 6,7 output only, runs on a PIC16F886, can anyone think of a reason why it might not run on a PIC16F887?

Ok, It may be completely irrelevant, but I noticed a microchip design using an 887 had 0.1uF decoupling caps across both sets of power pins on the chip.

Perhaps that is what is needed if you have not already done so.

PICASM- That's just the bloody stupid thing that I'll have forgotten. I wouldn't be at all surprised-- I'll go do it now!

SSYLEE- The program in question was written to test a new board with an 887. It checked out with all the other ports used as digital outputs, but failed with a6 floating and a7 low.When it failed, the fusebits were checked first. A new board was fitted with just the processor , in order to eliminate any loading effects, and tried again. It was at this point that it was noticed that the processor supply current was pulsing to 90 milliamps, with nowhere external to go.
I supposed that the chip might be faulty, and tried 2 more (from the same batch) with the same results. I then programmed an 886, with the same program, and it worked.
SO WHAT NOW

Just tried the decoupling- no help. It was a good idea,though.

Last edited:
What's the big idea! - deleting all your posts in the previous thread!.

Lot's of people have offered you help and advice, and you've basically 'kicked them in the teeth' by deleting all your posts, making duplicate threads is also NOT allowed!.

This is not acceptable behaviour!, and any further repetition will result in your being banned!.

Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back