Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SG3525 regulating Pulse Width Modulator IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

I have one of these running at 100KHz driving a pair of MosFets . The output pins of the chip are 11 and 14.

I see 1 Volt on both the output pins with my multimeter
I am wondering what the peak voltage would equate to on a scope?

Do I use 1 V rms and calculate that this equals .707 of the peak voltage at this frequency?
So peak voltage might be more like 1.5V ?

Last edited:
On the AC scale a multimeter circuit measures the average value of the rectified waveform (unless it specifically states in the specification that it measures RMS) with the scale calibrated to read the RMS value (about 11% higher than the average value). That's for all frequency components within its frequency response specification.

On the DC scale the multimeter will generally measure and display the average (un-rectified) value.

Thus the voltage you measure from a square-wave will depend upon the duty-cycle of the waveform and its amplitude.

Wouldn't it just be the voltage you measure? Since the output is a DC square wave.
Yes I think you are right . The mosfets feed into a center trapped transformer and the output is stated to be a full wave though so perhaps one is negative . I'll have to recheck now.-thanks

On the DC scale the multimeter will generally measure and display the average (un-rectified) value.
Thus the voltage you measure from a square-wave will depend upon the duty-cycle of the waveform and its amplitude.
Yes the voltage at pin 13 seems to control that so I will have to try to vary that and measure the outputs then -thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back