Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup recommendations for a Patient Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_chiffre

Hi.
I'm trying to make a ECG patient simulator for a college project. This simulator takes ECG data stored in memory, and outputs a simulated ECG signal (it really outputs 12 ECG signals, one for each standard lead of a ECG). I want the user to be able to download new signals to the simulator.
I believe I need maybe 512 kbyte of data memory so the simulator could storage a good number of different signals.

So, what I need is a system capable to read/write this 512 kbyte of data, output it through a number of DACs (aprox: 12 leads, each leads at 1000 samples per second = 12000 outputs per second ), control an ¿USB? interface (to load the user's new signals), take inputs commands, and probably output data information to an LCD Display.

As you see, this is almost like an mp3 player, except I don't need to process any signal, so processing power is not important (except the 12000 outputs per second limitation).
The simulator runs on battery, so I would like it to consume as little as possible.

So, my question is: what kind of microcontroller/memory/USB interface/DAC setup is good for my project? My only experience with microcontrollers is the AT89S52, and I believe is not appropriated for this project.

Any help is welcome. Thank you very much. Please excuse my english,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back