Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

can servo motors do 360 degree spins?
is that what they use on RC helicopter rotors?

In the RC world, most servos only operate with a 90* angle but are mechanically limited to about 170* angle to allow adjustment.

While there are 360* servos, such aren't used in RC helis.

The servos in RC helicopters are just normal lightweight servos. They control the rotor with a swash plate.

Last edited:
Do you mean a servo with 360 degrees stop to stop, or a servo with continuous bidirectional rotation?

Ken

im just wondering what the type those mini motor s are in copter rotors, i assume they have high torque to create the lift necessary, they sound like servo's to me but i didn't think servos could do full rotations,

im just wondering what the type those mini motor s are in copter rotors, i assume they have high torque to create the lift necessary, they sound like servo's to me but i didn't think servos could do full rotations,
The motor that powers the rotor is likely just a small DC motor.

You don't need a servo (whose movement is precisely controlled by a signal) for that purpose. High torque from a servo is generally from the internal gearing it has, not because the motor has an unusual amount of torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back