Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandude

just a quick question... for anyone who has dealt with controlling r/c servos before... what sort of fault tolerances do they have? ie- if i'm controlling one with the typical 1-2mS pulse every 20 mS, will the servo do anything strange if i skip one pulse every once in a while?

ie- skip every 6th pulse?

evandude said:
just a quick question... for anyone who has dealt with controlling r/c servos before... what sort of fault tolerances do they have? ie- if i'm controlling one with the typical 1-2mS pulse every 20 mS, will the servo do anything strange if i skip one pulse every once in a while?

ie- skip every 6th pulse?

That's fine, you can alter the pulse timing over quite a wide range with no ill effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back