Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Motor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I'm new to servo motors.I have two questions.

Servo feed pulses varies from 1mS to 2mS.If I want to turn the servo to its neutral position I need to feed 1.5mS pulse continuously.If I stop the sending pulses to the servo what will happen?

Is there any method to control the servo speed by its data line?

Another problem is servo motor has three wires 5V GND & Control.But I see in some articles some of them are reading the control line.Not outputting a signal.

Is this control line is input or output I'm confused.

If you don't send it pulses then it becomes passive (as though it is powered down), you need to send the pulse 50 times per second to make it hold position against a force. You vary the speed by altering the pulse length slowly, otherwise it will go at full speed to the desired position.

The signal wire is an input on a servo motor and an output on a receiver.

Mike.

Hi mike now I understood.
The signal wire is an input on a servo motor and an output on a receiver.

signal wire is an input pin on a servo that means we can connect a micro controller output pin directly to it.What you mean by output on a receiver??

Mike sorry for troubling i still have the doubt.

I'm wondering what you mean by the reciever?Is this reciever inside the servo?

So alltogether 4 wires! +5v,0v,ctrl,reciever output?

Servos are normally connected to a Radio Control Receiver. So the receiver is an output and the servo an input - only three wires required.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back