Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamen23

Hi Guys,

Firstly i'd like to congratulate all the people with there gifted amount of knowledge that post solutions to peoples mis'ups and circuit dramas. I'm only new to electronics as a hobby. I do understand how some circuits work (simple ones that is)

What i would like to know if there is a way of controlling a futaba servo so that when i push a button, the servo moves to it's designated position, and then when you release the button, it returns to its start position.

I have managed to build a simple circuit using a 555 timer. I have put a small trimpot in place so i can position the servo horn by just turning the trimpot. It works really well and pleased with my success in building this. I used the schematics from a circuit design i found on the internet.

In order for me to control 2 seperate positions with the servo i would no doubt need 2 of these small circuits. In saying this, i have read other comments about using a 556 timer. Is there a diagram that someone may know off that will be able do what i need?

I appreciate any input.

Cheers:)

You could do it with a 556. Just look up the datasheet. The pins on the other half of the chip have the same names and are connected in the same way as on the single 555. There is, of course, only one set of power pins.

But why do it that way? Your switch can be wired with a resistor that is added to (i.e., in series) or put across (i.e., in parallel) to the timing resistor(s) you already have. SPST push button switches are probably easier for you to find and would work well for putting the additional resistor or pot in parallel with one of the current timing resistors.

Without knowing exactly how you have connected the 555 timer, I cannot tell you exactly where to put the switched resistor. Can you post a schematic?

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I have included a link for the 555 circuit i used for the servo.

Also, what is a SPST switch?

Thanks again,

Ben

**broken link removed**

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. The link to where i got my 555 timer circuit is below.

Thanks again

Ben

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back