Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
ulot said:
i double checked that and the model number is XR-C11 for the car radio/tape player

It's not listed on Sony Assist, a collection of DVD's containing all Sony technical information - although there are a number of manuals which start with those 5 characters.

Have you checked on the front of the unit?, or actually on the serial number label? - Sony often print a slightly different number on the front.

well it's got what i've said already, then SONY model no. XR-C11
FM/AM CASSETTE CAR STEREO
the rest are in japannese

want i really want to know is if there is a way to power it without the car power

well yes though i would have loved to see the service manual
it has about 6 pins for power and i need to know the volt of each or are they all a series of 12v and GND?

ulot said:
well yes though i would have loved to see the service manual
it has about 6 pins for power and i need to know the volt of each or are they all a series of 12v and GND?

I thought that most radios now used a standard multiway plug?, although I've had very little to do with car radios recently. There's usually two power connections, one a permanent 12V, the other switched by the car ignition.

I'll try and check on the manuals I have at work tomorrow.

The ones listed on Assist are XR-C110, XR-C111 and XR-C113, they all seem to have 12 pin connections.

Eight are for the speaker connections, the other four are:

Ground
Permanent 12V
Switched 12V (from auxiliary on igntition switch)
12V out (to switch power amp, or electric aerial - max 300mA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back