Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Service info on mac tools et955 multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriorjoe

I have an old Mac Tools ET955 multimeter. It is also identical to a unit provided by Matco. The circuit board has the inscription "Actron 400-1486" on the solder side. The problem is it constantly displays the count of "23" or "2.3" or ".23" with nothing connected, depending on the range selector. A 9-volt battery displays "+14v" or "-24v" depending on polarity. Adjusting the pots has no effect. I removed the MM5601BN quad 2-input NOR IC and the 7555 timer and the display reverted to all zeroes. So I assume either the 7555 timer chip or the 5601 chip is bad - not sure.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem and where I could get a schematic and repair manual for the unit. I assume it is American made.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back