Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Service and backup and all that follows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hey Guys.

I am tired...the TV's are flowing in....and I am working my ass off....crazy hey :)
I have put myself into "sensible' mode...what that means is be as thorough as you were before....don't try and make things happen just because everyone want's same day service. For me do it properly or not at all.

And my excellent backup will spend Tomorrow next to me on the Bench....it's like word has got around that the useless, clueless one was fired. I feel humbled but absolutely floored by customers response to this....seems like they are all bringing their faulty TV's at the same time...crazy stuff.

I really did not expect this at all. The fighting/fired one told me in no uncertain terms a while back (some of you might remember this)...that if he leaves...the business will close....

So wrong he was. And absolutely making honest Money we are....

Anyway, I just thought I would share this. I really did not want to post ANOTHER new thread....but then I thought why not?

You Guys are good people and are always willing to listen to my moans and groans and adventures :cool:

All the best. Me tired now.

Regards,
tvtech

Or, is it that people just want their TVs fixed before the football starts in a week or two?

Just blow your voovoozella and enjoy the busy period while it lasts!

JimB

And I swore I was tired...just woke up...

You Guys.....LOL @ Jim with the "voovoozella"....
And KISS.....I have thought about it....kind of all funny, humorous stories mixed with learning...you never know :)

Best thing is (for me) is being around people that know stuff....don't preach it and are comfortable in their own skin.....in other words.....they have time for fun too....

That is totally unique. And worth every Second of my time.

That is the ETO secret that other Forums out there canno't fathom out :)

Gathering of good people. Who know stuff and therefore have time for fun.

Life is good:D

Now I have to sleep. Cheers guys,
tvtech

Sounds like you have the makings of an excellent team there TV.
Appreciate the strong points he brings and let him concentrate on those during the busy period, whilst you take care of the different/more-technical aspects, but advise him briefly of what you are doing during the process. If he is as good as you say, he will pick the tips up pretty quickly and when things start to slow down a little, or you take a break, the different/more-technical stuff can be explained in greater detail. If he's honest about where his experience is lacking, and vice-versa, since he may have more experience than you in one/some areas, it should be a truly great experience for the both of you.

I wish you both the very best of luck, a new colleague with experience and enthusiasm can totally transform a shared workspace, especially when the previous one was as bad as you describe. It must be a joy to go to work now.

Regards,
Mick.

Today was an especially good one at Work :)

After all that has happened in the last seven Years.....I think I forgot what it is like to have a capable Tech working next to me again. Simply wonderful.

We discuss faults, joke about the older sets we used to fix, discuss our time working for similar companies long ago etc...

We know most of the same people. We share jokes while working and fixing sets......one of us has a brain fart....and the other helps out. And so on.

The non technical (admin) staff have noticed this too....and they are also more at ease and happier.....and somehow smile at the most unexpected times...

I love it.

WOW...I am blessed again. At last :)Life is excellent for me right now.

And that is why I truly Bless ETO and all the good people here....

Good survives Evil. ALWAYS. Sometimes, it takes time to outwit Evil....but it is worth it. Even if it takes seven Years....

And of course, I love all of you here. You kind people kept me sane with all the stupidity and purposely done things to try and drive me crazy....it all backfired in a spectacular manner...when he effectively fired himself....after beating up one of his own people in working hours.....

And I thank you all.

All the best,
tvtech

EDIT. I do not plan on going away from ETO...may I still stay a little bit crazy from time to time??? Always a good crazy though :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back