Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Server power supply how to works on PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverfan

hi@all

A few days ago was an old HP pro liant 740 server recycled and any parts i´ve rescued.
One power supply and one fan.
The power supply was a very strong version (1100W)
I do not point where and what must be connected with to can be pursued.
The connectors was an strip of pins (see pic)
Any ideas ?

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 158
  • powersupply.jpg
    powersupply.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 150
Does your PC have a power supply and if so what do you expect to gain by putting in the 1100 watt one?

I still have old SCSI parts ,old SCSI controller and an old server Board with 4 processors on it.
10 hard disks on base SCSI, want to be also supplied with Power.
For test purposes I have 2 old AMD/ATI graphics cards (PCI-X) each about 300 watts of using
With 12 volts there are 600 watts already 50A only.
It would be a waste if I to me a new net part would have to shop, because I already one have with the achievement I need.

THe mating cable adapter would likely cost as much as a 450W brick. $50
If you are going to hardwire something, use a DMM to measure the outputs.

This is something easily determined with a normal PC PSU and a DMM on server PSU for output voltages and 0V return

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back